Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer Porch

Finally it has warmed up in Tennessee. We have had a very cooooool Spring! Only the last two weeks have been consistently warm.

Here is a peak at some of my flowers on the screened in porch and deck.


The screened in porch (why do I use three words to describe it?) gets no sun due to the north facing side of the house. It makes it really nice because it is cool enough to enjoy almost every summer day! Ferns love it here just as much as I do. The little fountain was a gift from one of my students several years ago. Next to it is a remnant of a poinsettia from Christmas. I took it to school and it lived in the window there until school was out. It kept blooming--I guess because it got lots of darkness. When school begins I'll take it back and just maybe it will bloom for Christmas!





I love red geraniums. I've had great luck with Lowe's $5 ones for the past two summers. I tried to keep some over the winter and they are blooming--but not like these!


Our little home for some tiny birds entertain me. The funny part is that they move in without moving out last year's furniture! Mr. Spouse says there is not enough room for them but they love it here.

My project this week is to scrub the deck. By the same shady part of the house that creates a nice cool place to enjoy --it also gives green algae a home on the deck and side of the house. Last week I cleaned the siding. So this week I shall tackle the floor!




No comments:

Post a Comment