Thursday, May 31, 2012

A makeover...

My next project will be a makeover on the brick fireplace. I saw a great picture on Pinterest that I pinned. Usually it leads straight to the blog but this one doesn't. 
The original post gave step-by-step directions. Oh, I wish I could find it. (And I finally did! It was a link from The Yellow Cape Cod--one of my first blogs I began reading. Here is the tutorial.


But this is what I want to do in the next couple of weeks. My 80;s brick is definitely "antique American". I think this will be a great brightening effect.


I don't even have a picture of the brick but you can get a touch of the darkness. I'm thinking that when I repaint I will go with a white below the chair rail and Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray above. I can't wait to get started. My house guest will be moving on next week. Also in store is probably laminate flooring. 



No comments:

Post a Comment