Sunday, March 17, 2013

Time for Porch Living!

Oh, Spring is beginning this week! Can't wait for my favorite time of the year. I began updating my screened in porch. This is the before:
I've had that rug for years and years! I am tired. tired. of the Christmas green.

So I went shopping and picked up new cushions and a new rug.

I guess I am in an aqua faze! The cushions have the light turquoise and light brown accents. I lucked upon the cushions at Big Lots--total was around $75. Not bad! They are reversible.



The new rug brings in all the shades. And to me the lighter rug is calming.

The rug came from Lowe's. Since the weather doesn't get into the porch it should be fine. The other one was for years, and years, and years.

Now I'm anticipating the ferns that will be out soon! Until then I laid a silk one on the table--just to give me a spring in my step.

It will go from this:


To this:

I've tried to keep my geraniums over by storing them in the garage. Does anyone know exactly how to bring them out--do I begin to water them more and just set them outside???? They look alive but barely. They were gorgeous last year!

Happy Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment